HIGH SCHOOL DRESS CODE 2023-2024
We believe that proper attire is important for establishing a safe environment conducive to learning. The Landmark Academy dress code has been developed with that in mind. If students report to school out of dress code/ the classroom teacher or student will:
• Call home for proper attire.
• Borrow item from school if available.
• Work in the office or designated area until corrected.
Any mode of dress which is conspicuous and brings undue attention is improper — if in doubt, do not wear it.
• Students are to be neat and clean to the best of their ability, and modestly dressed.
• Shirts may be any solid color (no lace or sheer material) with a collar or crewneck (not V-neck) and be appropriate length and fit (cover belly and show no cleavage). Shirts may be long sleeved or short sleeved. Small name brand logos (1inchX1inch) are acceptable. Turtlenecks are also acceptable.
• Any Landmark Academy shirt or sweatshirt may also be worn (Excluding Landmark Academy coats).
• Plain solid color hoodies (no graphics or words unless it is a Landmark Academy or SVSU endorsed hoodie) may be worn. THE HOOD MAY NOT BE WORN AT ANY TIME, (dress down Fridays, students may pay $1 to wear any hoodie as long as it is school appropriate).
• Students must button their collared shirts up to their collarbone and/or have a solid or Landmark Academy crewneck t- shirt underneath that comes to their collarbone.
• Fleeces that are two or fewer colors must be worn with a solid color collared or crewneck shirt, or Landmark Academy crewneck shirt underneath.
• If a student wishes to take his or her top layer of clothing off, the shirt underneath must also adhere to dress code.
• Students are not allowed to be out of dress code and carry a dress code shirt with them.
• Boys and girls will wear solid color pants or shorts at the knee, WITHOUT CARGO POCKETS.
• Blue jeans or jeans of any solid color as long as they are modest and not distressed, sagging or bagging with no holes or rips or cut-outs.
• Girls may wear longer skirts, skorts, or shorts that are at the knee or longer. Dresses, skirts or skorts that are above the knee must have leggings worn underneath.
• Leggings are only acceptable under a dress or skirt.
• Girls may wear modest make up. No gothic looks and no glitter.
• No flip flops, slides, or open toed shoes except on Fridays (see Flip Flop Friday).
• Administration may alter the dress code at their discretion if they believe the learning environment is adversely impacted.
• Anything that is a distraction and/or could prevent learning from taking place.
• No off-colored hair (green, orange, purple, blue, bright red, etc.). Highlights, lowlights, or tips ½” can be colored, but NOT the whole head.
• No chains, dog collars, studs, spikes, etc.
• No wearing a hat, visor, sunglasses in the building.
• No cargo pockets or pants/shorts with side pockets, sagging/bagging of pants, or pants of excessive length or fit.
• No yoga pants or leggings or pajama pants
• No wind pants, athletic pants, pants made of nylon, leather, army wear, sweatpants, mesh, etc.
• No ripped or torn clothing or clothing with holes, no ripped jeans even if they are made this way on any occasion.
• No jackets/coats (Including Landmark Academy coats). Fleeces ONLY in class.
• No short, midriff tops showing bellies or cleavage
• No sleeveless shirts or tank tops.
• No gang and gang related symbols, colors, clothing, emblems/ etc.
• No armbands, gloves, sleeve warmers, or bandanas.
• No flip flops or open toed shoes, or slippers, or heelies (shoes with wheels).
• No plaid, striped, or patterned apparel
• No sheer, lace, or see-through tops
• No sequins or glitter or fishnet stockings
• No writing on body or clothing
• No carrying purses, bags, backpacks, or blankets to class.
GYM CLOTHING ATTIRE
Students are expected to dress appropriately for physical education classes. Students will change clothes in the locker room or bathroom. Students will NOT wear gym clothes to class.
No foul or objectionable attire.
Girls – tights, shorts, sweatpants, leggings/ or pants are recommended for girls to change into or wear under their skirts (if appropriate) on gym days. Shorts must be mid-thigh or longer.
Boys — T-shirts, sweat pants, shorts, or a different pair of pants may be worn during gym class.
Shoes – Tennis shoes must be worn for gym.
Periodically students will have a Casual Day for a fundraiser for different organizations. Students may wear modest school appropriate attire, including t-shirts, hoodies, or other non-collared shirts. Jeans, skirts, or shorts must still be in regular dress code. Sweatpants, athletic apparel, and leggings will be allowed on these days, as long as they are school appropriate, and everything is covered. No ripped jeans. Administration determines if attire is appropriate.
HIGH SCHOOL FRIDAY POLICY
Students will be allowed to wear flip flops or slides on Fridays for $1.00. Students will be allowed to wear hoodies with images, logos pictures, etc. (school appropriate) on Fridays for $1.00. Students will be allowed to wear solid color athletic pants/sweatpants on Fridays for $1.00, NO pajama pants. The student’s homeroom teacher will collect the money from the students that are participating in Flip Flop Friday. If a student chooses to wear flip flops AND a printed hoodie, AND sweatpants he/she will pay $3.00
Parents may choose to pay for this in advance to receive a discounted rate.